We are committed to offering a fully accessible and inclusive website for all candidates, clients and other visitors to the C&D Group Website. As such, the website has been designed with accessibility in mind to ensure users with disabilities benefit from our full range of online services.
The website aims to conform to the following W3C standards:
- All pages should validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional with the W3C Markup Validation Service
- All CSS should validate with the W3C CSS Validation Service
- All pages should comply with Priority 1 and Priority 2 of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
In addition to the W3C standards, we look to address accessibility within our design in the following ways:
- Use clear, simple language making the content easy to understand
- Use an easy to read font size and style
- Allow users to resize all content across the website using built-in browser zoom tools.
- Use sufficiently contrasting foreground and background colours
- Provide meaningful text for all images (alt tags)
- Pages are coded to reflect the content when styling is removed
- Ensure all pages can be viewed across a wide variety of browsers and operating systems
- Colour is not used to convey important information - all pages on this website should be readable regardless of your colour-vision
You can change the size of the website content in:
- Internet Explorer - select 'View', then 'Zoom', then 'Zoom In' or 'Zoom Out'
- Mozilla Firefox - select 'View', then 'Zoom', then 'Zoom In' or 'Zoom Out'
- Google Chrome - select 'Page', then 'Zoom', then 'Larger' or 'Smaller'
It should be possible to access any part of the website (including forms) using just the keyboard. However, if you have any problems with this please contact us and let us know. Please provide information about the web browser and operating system you are using as this information will be a big help to us in resolving the problem.
Additionally, most browsers support jumping to specific links by pressing keys defined by the website. These are known as 'Access Keys' and are activated in various ways depending on your browser and operating system. Here are the shortcuts for some common browsers (for other browsers and older browser versions please check your browser's documentation):
- Internet Explorer (Windows): ALT + [key], then press ENTER
- Mozilla Firefox (Windows): ALT + SHIFT + [key]
- Safari (Apple Mac): CTRL + [key]
- Google Chrome: ALT + [key]
- Opera: Shift + Esc, then select page from menu
The access keys this website provides for your convenience are as follows:
- S - Skip to Content
- 1 - Home
- 2 - Contact Us
- 3 - About Us
- 4 - C&D in the News
- 5 - C&D Team
- 6 - Search Jobs
- 8 - Terms & Conditions
- 9 - Accessibility